We recommend that you register all the activities that you want to use in the CV-tool. International visits to and from Hanken (faculty mobility) are reported to the Ministry only on the basis of the information contained in Haris. Conferences are not considered to be faculty mobility. In the rector’s decision about the internal allocation of funding (link), you can read how the activities are graded.
If you do not want an activity to be shown in the public portal, you can mark it as “Restricted to Haris” in the Visibility section in the registration template. The default setting “Public – No restriction” means that the activity is visible on the internet.
The following instruction is about how to register outgoing and incoming visits / faculty mobility.
Begin to register a new outgoing activity entry by clicking the green button “Add research output, activity, or project” in the right upper corner in Haris’s administration interface or the “+” sign when you hover over Activity on the left-hand side.
Outgoing Faculty Mobility:
Incoming faculty mobility:
Incoming faculty mobility must be registered by a host at Hanken. This means that every guest at Hanken must have a host.
Use the following categories when adding activities into Haris:
• Publication peer-review / Editorial work is the right category for all editorial work by a reviewer, editor, editorial board member, etc..
• Conference visits should be added in the category of Participating in or organising an event (including conferences, workshops, courses and seminars).
• Invited talk and oral presentation is found under Talk or presentation.
• Assessment of candidates for academic posts is found under the category Membership.
• Outgoing academic visits/faculty mobility include visits both abroad and at Hanken. Choose Visiting an external institution. You can specify the Degree of recognition by choosing International, National, Regional or Local.
• Incoming visits/faculty mobility are registered by the host at Hanken. Choose Hosting a visitor.
• Official participation in PhD thesis supervision, defence and examination should be used for all activities associated with PhD examinations. Choose Examination.
• Note that Prizes and Press/media are found in the menu bar at the left-hand side under Activity:
Blogs are registered under Press/media.